Chemical Name :
Octadecanoic acid, 12-hydroxy-, 2-ethylhexyl ester
Product Identification :
|Synonym||:||2- Ethylyhexyl 12- Hydroxystearate|
|Cas No.||:||29710 25-6|
|Appearance||:||Clear, Light Amber Liquid.|
|Colour Gardner||:||4.0 Max.|
|Refractive Index||:||1.4540-1.4580 @ 25’degree|
|Acid Value||:||1.0 Max. Mg. Koh/G|
|Saponification Value||:||134 154 Mg Koh/Gm|
|Solubility||:||Soluble In Silicones, Esters, Mineral Oil, Insoluble In Water.|
|Stability||:||Minimum Storage Time Two Year In The Originally Sealed Containers.|
|Storege||:||Store In Tight Containers Protected From Light.|
Recommeded Use Levels :
Follow Local Regulatory Norms.
|Sun Care Application||:||3-6%|
Sales Pack :
25/50/200kgs HMHDPE drums
Octyl Hydroxysterarate (OHS) a medium weight emollient manufactured from castor oil derivative is used externally to relieve various inflammatory conditions of the skin and mucus membrane. It exhibits superior pigment wetting and dispersing properties and exceptional tactile properties. OHS is compatible with a wide range of cosmetic materials including volatile silicones which makes it an excellent addition to a wide range of skin care products.
When used in emulsion products, OHS produces an elegantly rich feel during application. In make-up preparation. OHS is an excellent dispersant for both organic and inorganic pigments. In Lipstick formulations. OHS will not only add shine but will also enhance moisturization.
- Skin Care due to its rich emollient feel. OHS is ideally suited for use in dry skin or therapeutic products. In addition, due to its solvency properties, OHS is an excellent choice for deep cleanser products.
- Makeups the superior pigment wetting properties and high gloss make OHS is an excellent addition to Lipstick and lip gloss and gloss products producing brighter more vibrant colours and improved moisturization. Its pigment dispersant property acts as a binder in pressed powder in Eye Shadow and Blush.
- Sun Care OHS is an excellent dispersant for both organic and inorganic sunscreen actives.
- Bath Care OHS is an exceptional addition to bath oil and bath salts, especially those designed for dry skin, providing an elegant after feel to the skin.
- Lip Care OHS bring immediate soothing relief to sore, chapped or cracked lips, helps preventing lips from becoming dry.
The information is based on available knowledge and experience. It does not guarantee any qualities or properties. Any relevant patent rights and existing legislation and regulations must be observed. This information is believed to be reliable, but it is not to be construed as warranty, and no patent liability can be assumed.